Page 29 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It should be! My mums stairlift takes AGES!!!!!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I’m told it takes about a minute .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I may just be impatient then...

What, you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Definitely ignore bloke 2 - he sounds like a twit and not someone to do business with!
    Bloke 1 seems to at least care! Go with him.. Unless bloke 3 is better...

You need a stairlift - so what? You could carry on being stubborn and insist on still managing up and down the stairs - think how much more shopping you could do if you used those spoons on something else, rather than struggling.........
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (08-08-18),Paula (08-08-18)

The way I see it is, it's your home, it's your castle. I know it seems like another bit of your independence is being taken away, but I see it as a big help. If you're worried about what others will think (but it's you, and I know it's the last thing on your mind), then don't. The people who matter don't mind and as for the others, well if they think anything else, well screw them! Who cares what they think? Suzi nailed it when she said it's saving spoons.
    Oh and that second guy sounds like he really, really cares about his job, NOT! The first person sounds like he knows what he's talking about. See what the person is like today, but I can tell your spider senses are tingling already.

If installing a couple of stair lifts makes life easier for you then it is a no brainer as Suzi said it will save you spoons which can be used for other things (such as shopping for bling )

A leisurely ride up stairs so what if it takes a minute. I remember (not sure if it is correct) in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chase is messing with the gazillion Christmas lights and something goes wrong and there's a power surge and this old dear on a stair lift shoots upstairs at high speed round a corner out through a window in to the garden
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Here suzi!!....you spelt twat wrong!!!!...but I agree with everyone else. Now what's the point of having a lovely home if you dread trying to get up the stairs?? Nobody says WHATT!! when someone has a new car, or their garden professionally landscaped do they..or they have new windows put in everywhere! In your case, it's a NEED and not a WANT, and there's a difference! Don't hesitate. Bloke number one sounds very professional. Besides, when the dogs find it hard to get up the stairs - if they're allowed - you can put them on your lap and take them up with you!....yes, yes I know they're big, but there'll be a way. Go for it Paula, you're worth every penny of it! Remember it's NOT a luxury!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (09-08-18)

CaterpillarGirl
    Well that second guy is not going to do very well as a salesperson, my fiance is in sales (actual stairs though, not stair lifts) and he spends at least an hour with each customer, and can stay up to 3 or 4 hours