Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

I don’t know why I panicked except I’ve been dealing with DVLA this week as they still haven’t made a decision whether my problem with my hand will stop me driving - I first informed them last October! As to cold water on my foot, I have allodynia (Allodynia can lead to the triggering of a pain response from stimuli which do not normally provoke pain. Temperature or physical stimuli can provoke allodynia, which may feel like a burning sensation) so cold or hot are not pleasant
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I will never understand why the DVLA take so long to do anything and everything!

Are you pacing this weekend?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I hope to, and I plan to do some cross stitch, dependent on how my hand is.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Oh no!! it must be unbearable where you are! It's no joke love when you don't get decent sleep. Why were you stressing about your driving? Were you getting pressure from other motorists? Some of them can be real pigs! Have you a fan in the bedroom that you can keep on all night? Try and elevate your feet or treat them to a bowl of cold water.
    Paula has a full length poster of me (obtained by winning the last quiz) blu-tacked on to her bedroom wall and I'm her number one fan (see what I did there, thank me later )

Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    I’m really not coping with the heat today. I was awake before 6am and haven’t really improved since then. I tried to write something earlier but couldn’t focus and, after 3 hours, I’d managed one paragraph! Then I took Si and my ex husband to the train station, on the way back I had a mini panic attack because I was stressing out about my driving.

Let’s hope tomorrow’s better
    Panic attacks are awful try not to let it prey on your mind, hopefully it may be a bit cooler today *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by OldMike; 04-08-18 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Corrected smiley apparently must be lowercase.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Have a quiet day then and do some cross stitching!

Decision made. We’re not moving house! We did the numbers and we’d end up doubling our mortgage and we just don’t want to do that - we’re not getting any younger and Si quite fancies retiring some day

I can recommend retirement
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Sounds sensible! (Do you get to spend the difference on sparkles and dresses and shoes and stuff?)
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    It does sound sensible to me
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sounds sensible! (Do you get to spend the difference on sparkles and dresses and shoes and stuff?)
    That’s a hell of a lot of sparkles and dresses and shoes and stuff. This’ll be fun

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (05-08-18)