Page 24 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like a plan hunni
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

So.. .Stairlifts then?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think so, but we’ve promised each other we’ll talk it all through over the weekend when Si doesn’t have work on his mind. To start with, I could manage with just one stairlift as I only go upstairs to go to bed, really - it’s constantly going downstairs for the dogs, for the loo, for the front door etc that I’m struggling with
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Wouldn't hurt to get a quote or 3....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It's certainly worth getting some quotes for stair lifts and to see if it is practical to install them in your house. Paula is your house 3 stories in which case you'll need a stair lift between each floor. If my maths are correct that is two and if you've got the finances it'd be best to have them both installed at the same time that way you'll only have the installation guys in once.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I’d agree with you Mike, and that may happen, but as they’re between £5-8,000 each, it’s a big chunk of money to double up
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It is expensive but get a quote for 2 and for 1 then shop around and explain the quotes you have see if you can get companies to beat each other down itms
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.

I’m really not coping with the heat today. I was awake before 6am and haven’t really improved since then. I tried to write something earlier but couldn’t focus and, after 3 hours, I’d managed one paragraph! Then I took Si and my ex husband to the train station, on the way back I had a mini panic attack because I was stressing out about my driving.

Let’s hope tomorrow’s better

Oh no!! it must be unbearable where you are! It's no joke love when you don't get decent sleep. Why were you stressing about your driving? Were you getting pressure from other motorists? Some of them can be real pigs! Have you a fan in the bedroom that you can keep on all night? Try and elevate your feet or treat them to a bowl of cold water.

Please pace and rest tonight hunni x