Page 18 of 121 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

It seems silly that you couldn't do both appointments at once yesterday.

Yay for mum visiting, have lots of fun, coffee and cake with your mum.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

What a day! Si was supposed to be coming to hospital today but had to go and see the big cheeses at work instead. Last night Jess said she’d come but at 9.30 this morning said ‘it’s too early to go up there’ ! I couldn’t be arsed with arguing it with her and the disabled parking spaces are within walkable distances ish, very ish from outpatients so I decided I had to do without the wheelchair. (I didn’t want to call the porters, I hate that)

No disabled spaces at the front of the hospital. No disabled spaces outside Physio (which would have been a major stretch but needs must). I ended up in the main car park, having to walk up the hill, up two flights of narrow stairs and all the way around to the other side of the (big) hospital building. My appointment was at 11, I got to see the doctor at 12. And then back again to my car.

My leg from knee to toe is massively swollen with pockets of fluid. I went out for lunch with mum but couldn’t enjoy it as much as I should because I was so sore. My optic nerves are still swollen despite the meds and my weight loss. I’m just fed up
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Oh hunni!

What's the next step then?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

For goodness sake! You must be exhausted!.....you should have called a porter. That's why they're there! Hope you manage to get the swelling down. Hope the dogs are doing ok.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

It seems we both ended up waiting around for appointments today. You really went through it with the parking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Oh hunni!

What's the next step then?
    They’ll pass the results to the neurologist, I’m seeing him next month. He did say they sometimes take a bit of time to settle down but I’m so disappointed. And Im fretting because I wreally don’t want to have another lumbar puncture and/or brain surgery

Flo, Polo’s fine, you wouldn’t think he’d been ill! Luna is still thin, though has put on a little weight we think. She’s not very strong but she’s much happier in herself and a bit more playful so she’s ok. Day by day ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sweetheart try not to borrow trouble love... Have faith in your medical team lovely x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Lol how dare you use my phrase against me!