Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

Did my garbelled notes help at all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well done you. You deserve a medal working thru it. X

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Did my garbelled notes help at all?
    Absolutely! I thought I was honest with myself about the impact of my health - turns out not so much so thank you for the insights
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh I am pleased that I could help. Well done for doing it!

What an evening. So,it all came to a huge head with Katie’s job yesterday. Her boss was sacked and Katie is now left with managing the store with next to no staff at the busiest time of the year and a district manager who said, when Katie asked what were her labs for going forward, ‘I have no plan’. Katie has been under enormous pressure for months now as her manager was on long term sick and head office have been useless at helping her. When she agreed to stay a year ago, she was promised proper, formal management training which never materialised and could have helped her with these sort of situations. All this, and she’s also going through her own disciplinary, and trying to deal with a team who are traumatised as half of them are gong through disciplinary too.

She got home last night and was in floods of tears, she feels sick every day and has lost weight she can’t afford to lose. She’s waiting a call back from the doctor but has called in sick.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Poor Katie!
    What on earth are they all having disciplinary for? I'm so glad she's got you to turn to. What a completely crappy situation.

There were issues over what treatments staff were having and how much they should have paid. Katie didn’t do anything wrong but was managing the store when some of it was happening. There’s all sort of politics involved tbh and the union rep has told Katie the company are planning on putting all the other members of staff in the store on disciplinary!

We’re waiting for a call from the doctors. She’s also spoke to her union rep who’s told her to get a sick note from the GP stating workplace stress and then resign with immediate effect. The workplace stress bit will ensure the company can’t go forward with the disciplinary

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It all sounds utterly ridiculous!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

What an absolute nightmare! Even worse that she had the choice of this one with management training or the other job she was offered! Is there any point in getting in contact with them and seeing if they were recruiting? I know she'll need some time to work through this though. Poor love.