Page 33 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarGirl View Post
    Happy anniversary! I hope you have a fantastic day, have you got anything planned?
    We’re going out for dinner tonight. Si’s got the day off and I feel we should do something but I don’t want to be too tired for tonight ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Happy anniversary Paula & Si
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    We’re going out for dinner tonight. Si’s got the day off and I feel we should do something but I don’t want to be too tired for tonight ......
    Sit and snuggle and watch a movie?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

He took me and jess to the pub for lunch. Diet is definitely out of the window today

We agreed no pr3sents today, so these arrived .......

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Those are lovely! Lunch and dinner out? Awesome!

CaterpillarGirl
    Lunch and dinner out sounds like a perfect day to me! Glad you enjoyed yourself, I completely forgot my anniversary this year until lena's friend asked how long we had been together and I realised it had been 4 years about 4 days earlier, oops!

A quick google suggested that for 17 years of marriage you should but furniture (don't sound romantic too me) so I think Si's choice of roses was the best

Aren't you going out with your ex mother in law and mother in law this weekend, if so have a great time.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

How was yesterday? How are you doing lovely?

Lol Mike, if you’d delved deeper, you’d have discovered the ‘colour’ for 17 years is yellow. I think Si thought red roses was preferable to yellow furniture

I’ve had a very busy weekend. Obviously Friday was our anniversary. We went to a posh pub for dinner and it was seriously one of the best meals I’ve ever tasted!

Yesterday, I took my ex mother in law to a VIP event at a local jewellers I use (extensively lol). We had a lovely time and she was able to get help designing a special piece of jewellery to remember a close friend she’s recently lost.

Today, we’ve visited the in laws. We had a lovely time and Jess drove there - she did really well for her first time on a longish journey.

Tomorrow I should be resting but am having lunch with my best friend. Ah well, there’s plenty of time to sleep

Hooray for a lovely weekend?