Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi everyone.

Giu018
    Hi Drew, nice to meet you.
    Knowing that you find this forum useful, makes me feel more positive. I already received lots of positive suggestions from many of you since I wrote the first post and hopefully, will continue to give me more positive feelings.

Thanks for your advice, Paula. I will also look at that website. I heard about it in the past but haven't really looked at it in depth.

One of the main issues that is making me feel extremely depressed lately, is about my job. Been working for the same company for almost 10 years. I work as supervisor in a medium size, but busy and challenging supermarket. I do long hours between 8 to 10 hours shifts. I find it extremely stressful. The problems is that I want to change job, can't handle this job any longer. Every shift is becoming worse than the previous day.
    Is easy for everyone to say: "Change job" or "Look at the jobcentre; soon or later something suitable for you will come out" or "hold it thight, there is lots of unemployment at the moment". But my issue is: I do not want to do this job anymore. I cry every day just of the thought of going there. In the night i don't sleep well because of it. I am very good at my job to the point that previuosly my manager wanted to promote me as assistant manager. But I no longer want to be in retail. Every person I talk to, asks me: "What would you like to do?"
    That's where my depression starts: I do NOT know what I want to do. Those thoughts are spinning in my mind every day, that's all I can think of. I don't know what I want to do.
    In the past I changed many jobs in the hope to find something I would be able to manage. Such as: postman, baker, carer in residential home, waiter, cleaner... and few more. But none of them I managed to last long because I didn't like or was too stresful for me and could't handle it.

In the past few years I tried a different way: To get a qualification in the hope of getting something that I would study for, therefore would enjoy more. I done some courses in a college and last year I started my first year at uni. I am studying Social Policy. Is a 3 years course in which the first one is alreasy passed. Is hard, very hard. Specially if I work full time, study full time and have family and children. I received lots of support from my family, friends and tutors.
    Deep inside I am feeling I choose the wrong direction. A course where it might not give me any choice I might want. It makes me panicking and at the moment I feel lost and confused because I don't know if to stop and trying something different or continue and see where is going to bring me. Is a big sacrifice, but everyone suggests me to continue. Every day I cry because I don't know what choice to make and what to do.

Hope my message is clear and understandable what I am trying to say.

Soon I am going to work. I will finish tonight. Fridays and weekends are the worst days of the week.

Have a lovely day all of you. Thanks for your messages

You've been given some great advice, but I wanted to add that actually talking about it all does really help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!