Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

Drew
    I’d rather not go into detail but it’s people issues and it’s knocked me back a bit. I just want to draw a line under today and start again tomorrow. Thanks for being there it really helps,

People issues are often the hardest and cause most pain when they don't go right....
    Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

How’s things today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Drew
    I’m a bit of a mess at the moment but things may become clearer one way or another later today. Just had my final meeting with the Crisis Team they think I’ve progressed far enough for them to stand back and provide 24hr. phone help rather than occasional face to face meetings. I suppose that is a positive but added to my other issues it doesn’t feel like it.

I intend to post another reply later no matter whether it is good or bad.

Thanks for caring.

We do care!
    Well done for progressing through the crisis team visits, but I also understand why that's daunting. You can always call them as and when you need to - they are still there and that's an important thing to remember.

I do truly hope your day has got better as it has gone on..

Drew
    Firstly I apologise for not posting as promised. It was a very bad day yesterday as I was hoping for some positive news but fearing the worst. Each minute seemed like an hour and I was very down. The positive thing is at least I now know where I stand - I was holding out false hopes and not for the first time.

Going out for lunch with my parents today and there’s some explaining to do. Again, not easy but it needs to be done.

I’ll post again later because sharing seems to help. Thanks for listening.

I'm glad you're finding it helpful to post here.
    How are you feeling today?

Drew
    Awful. My wife has just told me she’s off to see her solicitors to sign documents to initiate our divorce. At the moment I feel as though I’ve gone backwards to the beginning and I’m going to have to relive that pain all over again. I feel sick.

I’ll still be seeing my parents today. I need to let them know some but not all of the situation but it’s not something I’m looking forwards to.

At the moment my wife is in the other room singing along to love songs on the radio and it’s breaking my heart.

I may need to take a break from posting here for a while but don’t worry I’m not going to do anything stupid.

Thanks.

Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry. Has it gone too far for something like Relate couples counselling?
    You don't have to take a break, you can post the not so good stuff as well as the positive stuff... Here for you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    It’s too late for Relate, it was offered but my wife did not want it. I’m not going into more detail as it’s pretty negative stuff and it won’t help me. My postings may take a break until I’m feeling like sharing again.

At the moment I haven’t given up on the future but I am dreading it.