Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

Oh no!! Still, kudos on the weight loss
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So glad you had a good nights sleep! That can make such a difference!
    I'm so sorry but I had to at that story!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Drew
    There didn’t seem much in the way of positives today, I guess I’m starting to realise how long the journey is going to be. However, earlier this evening I persuaded myself to drive to a nearby town where I sat in the sun and watched the river flow by for a few minutes. Today wasn’t a total write off.

Well done for getting out, that’s a very positive achievement in my book
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Sounds to me like you did amazingly!

Drew
    I was in danger of another generally negative day but it was just redeemed by a quick chat. My parents were away when I had my meltdown and although they were due back today I didn’t feel up to telling them about my problems so soon on their return. My brother kindly broached the subject and I’ve just had a really supportive phone call from my mum. Well into her 80’s with plenty of problems of her own and she still managed to make me feel a little better and look forward to tea and sympathy.

At times like this families and friends are a great source of strength even if you have been too proud to ask for their help in the past. My advice? Don’t try to do it all by yourself.

That's so brilliant that you have your brother who can help and your Mum is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    My advice? Don’t try to do it all by yourself.
    I’ll second that! Mind you, I rarely listen to my own advice on that, stubborn as they come

Drew
    Just realised that’s been my problem for too long. Regret is a bitter pill but it teaches a great deal - my worry is having the strength to deal with it. Sorry if that sounds negative but I’m finding things a little tough at the moment. Goodnight, hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Morning, how are you feeling today?
    It's so hard learning to ask for help, accepting that help and learning to pace yourself - 3 lessons I'm always messing up lol

Hope today is much brighter for you.