Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

Drew
    Go steady with the hummus😂

Who’s DJing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Drew
    I’m not sure but if anyone has suggestions for appropriate music for a playlist let me know. I’m showing my age but my first song for the night is “Don’t stop thinking about tomorrow” (Fleetwood Mac).

Good on you sorting out your bank accounts, as for music I've always liked Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits)
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

You can NEVER have too much hummus!

May I recommend some classics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F81S50xL8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9NeNwEr-2k
    Last edited by Suzi; 04-08-18 at 10:50 PM.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Drew
    Thanks Suzi and Mike we’ll include your recommendations. I need a floor filler, what do you need to make you shake your thing? Suggestions from all are welcome.

One more from me: People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWbMz_aBlMU

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

Suzi (05-08-18)

It's going to be the party to end all parties

Drew
    The big move is taking up much of my time and I’m pleased to report things seem to be going well and I’m dealing with any problems as they arise. I feel more laid back than I have done for years.

I’m hoping to get to the local hospice shop later. They sell donated furniture for reasonable prices to help fund two children’s hospices so it’s a double benefit to buy from them. I’m looking for a drop leaf table, a chair or two and a small wardrobe to complete the furnishings for my new home.

The packing isn’t much fun but it’s going to result in the start of my new life so it’s a good job done. I’m generally too busy to have negative thoughts but they do seem to attack when I first go to bed and when I’m waking up in the morning. I feel the mindfulness strategies help by steering me back to a more balanced view.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

OldMike (06-08-18)

That's such a positive post!

Drew
    I’ve sorted out the missing furniture with drop leaf table, chairs and a wardrobe all for £105 including delivery and a worthwhile charity benefits too.

I’m still a little nervous about going out into the world as a single person for the first time in forty years but on the other hand I’m curious as to what is out there waiting for me. I’m sure there will be hiccups along the way but this time instead of seeing these as a failure I’m going to accept I can’t win them all. If I can hit 80/20 I’ll be more than happy.

Get your dancing shoes on and get ready for Thursday night 💃 💃...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

magie06 (07-08-18)