Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

That’s fantastic!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

You're doing wonderfully well. Just enjoy each day as it comes and keep it as simple as possible. Buying brand new stuff for your new abode sounds fantastic! You enjoy every minute of it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

That's great, things are going well which must give you a boost.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Happy carpet fitting day!

You are doing so well lovely!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    Carpets fitted and my bungalow is starting to look more like a home. I was I invited in for coffee by my new neighbour who has been good company and very helpful. I’ve decided on vertical blinds and fortunately the blind suppliers wanted to measure up at the same time as the carpets arrived, it saved me another journey.

Off to see the bank tomorrow to change from joint accounts to individual ones. When I first thought about this I was worried it would be a negative but I think it may be a blessing as I’ll know where I stand financially. When I gave up smoking many years ago I bought myself a present after one week, one month and one year without tobacco, I may do something similar for my efforts during the past few weeks. Being constructive and rewarding myself is my the positive for the day.

You're doing brilliantly lovely! You certainly deserve treats along the way...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

You should be so proud of yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

All that sounds so positive, individual accounts is a better arrangement so you know where you are financially, I think we all deserve little rewards.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Drew
    Bank accounts sorted. I thought it may be a little difficult but it was fairly painless and sorted within an hour or so. From my point of view it was a big positive as I now know where I stand. They even sorted the direct debits which I thought I may have to deal with myself. I feel I’ve made a clean break and I’m looking forward to my new life when I move in next week.

Groceries have been ordered for next Thursday evening in time for my virtual house warming. A choice of wines and some nibbles including olives, marinated anchovies, a selection of cheeses and crusty sourdough breads will be available at my end but please feel free to join in as you prefer.

Your support is very much appreciated. I look forward to my daily ramblings as it improves my focus and makes me look for positives in my life. Thank you all for taking the time to respond, your messages make a big difference. I only hope that in the future I can do the same for others.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

Paula (04-08-18)

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to your party! I'll bring the gin and the hummus

You really are doing really well. I'm so glad the bank accounts were easily sorted. As you say, at least now you know where you stand and that you can work on a what you have, rather than what you think you have kind of basis..