Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

Hope you’re feeling better tomorrow, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Glad you're through the worst of it.. Make sure you rehydrate properly...
    Hooray for the new fridge!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    My new fridge and cooker have been installed and I have a new kettle and a toaster. It feels like I’m getting somewhere. Carpets and measuring for blinds on Thursday and furniture to be moved in a week later.

I’m feeling quite good about myself I couldn’t have organised my new home like this a month ago. It’s at times like this you realised that all the baby steps have added up. I haven’t won my battle with depression yet but I think I’m on a gentle spiral upwards rather than the long journey I suffered going downwards.

My daily ramblings have been a great help. They have forced me into finding and making positives. Thanks for listening and caring.

It’s been lovely to see how you’re increasingly able to see the good in your life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Drew
    I guess I couldn’t see the wood for the trees but I’ve just looked back at my messages and realise how far I’ve come. I’m now looking forward to moving!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

Paula (31-07-18)

It's been so brilliant to see that change in you and your thought processes...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    I really enjoyed this evening. A few drinks with my brother followed by a lovely meal. During the meal I mentioned my hope that I’m moving forward and my brother said he’d seen a big change in me over the past few weeks. It was good to get even more reinforcement that I have made big changes in the way I deal with things.

My brother and other members of my family have been really supportive over the past couple of months and it makes a big difference to how I see myself. I cannot thank him and my other relatives too much for making a difference to my well-being. The lesson is to accept help from others if you can, they often see things more objectively than you and that can improve your own perspective.

I completely agree. I don’t know where I’d be without the love and support from my family and friends, including my family here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

That's so amazing!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    A quiet day for me today, the highlight was a visit to my doctor. She is very happy with my progress since I last saw her about a month ago. My upward spiral continues.

Packing has started for my move next week, it’s carpet fitting tomorrow and the bank on Friday - plenty to keep me busy.