Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

That’s incredible! Well done
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Drew
    I think my back has decided that yesterday evening was a bad idea but I disagree. A few words of thanks from me to my hosts last night bought a flurry of positive replies and any discomfort today was worth it.

Apart from a visit to see the nurse for a foot wound I had a quiet day and enjoyed watching the Tour de France both for the cycling and trying to recognise places I’ve visited. Tonight I’m sitting next to a fan with a cool drink and listening some classical guitar music by a chap named Fernando Sor (1778 – 1839) bliss.

My moving date will be 9th. August and I’ll be having a virtual house warming if you’d like to join in. If you have nothing better to do open a bottle of something you like and make small talk online 😂 (subject to wi-fi being installed).

That sounds like an awesome idea!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Drew
    Fancy dress is optional😂

Sounds fantastic!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    Following a busy week I decided today was going to be ‘me-time’. I’ve had the house to myself and spent the day reading and watching cricket on the TV. I haven’t been eating properly for a while so I made sure I had plenty of veg with my fish pie.

My good turn for the day was sorting out and updating my wife’s laptop. It helps her, makes me feel useful and adds a positive to my self esteem. Our relationship has changed, we’ve moved on from the separation and we’re are getting along well - it’s taken away a great deal of the strain. I think looking towards my move to my new home has helped to keep me busy and focussed on the future and not the past.

Part of my reading for today included an article which dealt with forgiving yourself for past mistakes and seeing it as a learning experience and not a failure. I’m not 100% convinced but do recognise I’ve been beating myself up about things I couldn’t influence. It’s a start.

That's a post so full of positives!

Drew
    I’m trying hard but as I’ve been advised before, baby steps and don’t expect too much too soon.

Exactly, baby steps are so important..

Drew
    A quiet day today mainly due to an upset tummy which needed regular visits to the smallest room. I’m feeling better now and looking forward to my new fridge being delivered tomorrow.