Following my recent meltdown I’ve challenged myself to come up with at least one positive memory from every day.

It’s been a tough Wednesday for me and I’m still a little too tender to tell the world too much about my problems. One of the worries was that I needed to visit my local hospital eye clinic for a follow up to some laser treament I had for eye damage caused by diabetes. I was very close to deciding to chicken out as because the thought of any bad news about my failing eyesight would add a huge negative to my already full plate. It was also going to be my first day in public since D-Day.

Despite my concerns I’m pleased to report my laser treament had gone well and I did not need any further zapping and for at least another 6 months. My very positive thought from the day.

While writing this I’ve decided to award myself a second positive thought for for plucking up the courage to attend the appointment in the first place and be seen in public (I caught sight of myself in the hall mirror on my way out and I look awful).

Another day along the road to beating depression. I wonder what tomorrow will bring - it won’t be a good start as my first stop is the dentist.

How did your day go?