Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

How are you today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Drew
    I think I’m doing quite well. I still get the occasional negative thought and worry about the past but in general I’m plodding on. I’m still not enthused about the future but I’m dealing with things as they happen.

One problem on the horizon is my wife will be moving back home later today and will be here for the foreseeable future. It’s all very amicable but I’ve found it a bit of a strain when she’s about. I’ve asked her to agree to a house rule that we don’t rake over the past and hopefully that will help.

My positive thought for the day is - I’m dealing with things as they happen and my ability to concentrate seems to have returned.

I know it doesn't feel like you're doing well, but you really are. Step by step, minute by minute if you have to, but you are still moving forward....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    Another quiet day for me. I had a long chat to the local therapy team and the’ve put me on the waiting list for counselling but there’s a couple of months until they can help. I guess it’s self help and talking to family and friends until then.

I’m on my way to town for an evening with my brother. I’mlooking forward to a few beers and some tapas, it’ll make a nice change from microwaved fare.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-07-18)

It's good that you're being put on the list - I know it feels like such a long way off, but it really will be worth it. I'm glad you're going out to get something to eat with your brother. Hope you have a really good time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew hope you had a good evening with your brother
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Drew
    I thoroughly enjoyed my evening out yesterday and that helped me start the day in a fairly positive mood. Nothing of note to report for positives or negatives but that’s fine by me.

Even and balanced is good lovely.. How's your mood?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Drew
    My mood is still generally low but not as negative as it was a week ago. I still have a fairly low opinion of myself and can’t seem to be enthusiastic about the long term future but I’m dealing with things hour by hour, day by day. It seems as though I’m existing rather than living, treading water rather than swimming.

Everyone tells me there is a good future out there for me and time will heal my wounds but having failed to deal with my depression for so many years I’m still not convinced this time will be different

On the positive side I’m still here and still fighting and I recognise I have made some progress since my meltdown.

Treading water right now is good. You will get through this hour by hour is fine lovely...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: