Thread: Music

Music

Iíve a large collection of music Iíve collected over the years and I listened to the tracks and albums regularly. Hearing them now brings back many memories which donít help my mood but I donít want to throw away a lifetime of favourites. Any advice as to how to deal with musical memories?

Hi drew and welcome to the forum.
    I too have a huge collection of vinyl and some of the tracks I listen to are connected to bad days, so the way I deal with negative emotions is to always play a song that mak3s me happy.
    For example, If I play a Gary Moore song it always makes me sad because in think about his death.
    I then play a Thin Lizzy song with Gary playing. Ultimately music will stir up lots of different emotions.

They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Good idea, I’ll certainly try that. So far I’ve managed by listening to instrumentals and dodging the lyrics (especially the blues etc.) but my long term plan is to try to replace the old memories with new ones. A bit brave at the moment but I need long term targets - my personal positive thought for the today.

Yup that's a good idea. Music is always changing and even though I don't like any of the new .music I do try and keep up.
    I'm going to Wacan in Belgium for a huge rock festival there looking forward to it. Never been there before.

They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

I have loads of music with various memories attached to them too. For me I try to accept that although something negative happened then actually each of those experiences - both positive and negative - have helped shaped me into the person I am today.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.