Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction

Drew
    I think I’m doing quite well for support - I’m getting a visit once a day from a Crisis Team assessor and I had a visit yesterday from one of the team’s psychiatrists to assess me for medication. The daily meetings have resulted in referrals for other support (occupational health etc.) and my brother calls me regularly for a catch up.

The one thing that concerns me is what happens when the initial hubbub dies down and I have to start facing up to things. All I can do is manage problems as they arise and call for help if it becomes too much.

If your service is anything like what we have here (I live in Ireland), they won't cut back or discharge you until you are good and ready.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

That's great support atm! What did the psych suggest?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Drew
    He decided I needed Sertraline and Zopiclone for the next three weeks followed by a review. My daily assessment will continue (I guess until they’re happy I won’t self harm).

I’ve self referred for therapy but will have to wait for a few weeks until I get a telephone ‘triage’ interview to decide the therapy best suited for me.

When do you start the meds?
    Glad you've still got support in place..

I’m so glad you’re being looked after so well
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Drew
    I’ve only been on the antidepressant for two days and I’m aware it will take some time to see the benefit. I haven’t started the sleeping pills becauseI need to check whether there are any issues with recently diagnosed sleep apnoea.

The anti d will take anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks to be fully in your system, but you should be free of any horrible side effects by the end of 2 weeks. Definitely double check the sleeping medication and the apnoea - always better to be safe rather than sorry..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: