Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overcoming a negative event

I'm really glad that you went and talked it all through with your Dr lovely. I do hope you call them tomorrow and are much more successful.
    How are you feeling after your appointment?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

raininghail
    I was super tired after my appointment so I spent most of yesterday evening in bed. I've been nocturnal recently and staying up to go to the doctors wasn't ideal. Hopefully it means I can get a back to a reasonable sleep pattern now.

Emotionally, I'm not as bad as last week. I'm slightly concerned about the increase to my dosage. I was on a low dose but I had been getting nightmares. Could be related to the meds, could be just where my head is at. GP has been understanding though and if the nightmares get worse, I can call the surgery and will be treated as a pirority.

I'm going to be trying to spend the next few days getting back on track with things I let slide over the weekend and hopefully that will distract and help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to raininghail For This Useful Post:

OldMike (13-06-18)

What AD are you on?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Appointments are exhausting. Especially when you had been anxious about it.

Appointments can be both physically and mentally draining, I suppose you get all hyped up and when the adrenaline fades fatigue sets in. If you've just upped your meds it could be a while before your body gets used to the change, I'm glad you've seen your GP.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

raininghail
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    What AD are you on?
    I was on Fluoxetine for a while but the GP switched me to Mirtazapine about 2 months ago.

How are you finding it?

raininghail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you finding it?
    Hard to say. I was switched to Mirtazapine to help me sleep, and I can vouch that it's done that. It also made me want to eat anything that's not nailed down.

Beyond that, I cannot say it's doing anything. Most of the time I cannot see the point in anything, and if by chance I'm having a good day, the tiniest thing can destroy my mood. My bed has become a sanctuary from the world - I spend most days in bed on my laptop. I know it's not helping and only making my problems worse but its all I seem able to do.

The counsellor I was see was advocating baby steps and not trying to change everything overnight, and that's what I'm trying to focus on doing. I have had some successes, but it's not easy because my inner critic really likes to beat me up.

In other news, I spoke to the 3rd party yesterday. They want to meet with me to discuss what's happened in more detail. I believe they can assign another person to handle my case or refer me to a counselling service that has a shorter wait list than my GP's. So, fingers crossed.

Unfortunately a lot of antidepressants have hunger as a side effect. What I found helpful was to keep a bottle of water to hand all day, and to sip that all the time. It didn't stop me putting on weight, but I'd hate to think what I'd be like without it.
    It sounds like you are doing all the right things. Stick with it, the bad days don't last.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Mirtazapine is very well known for that side effect (I’ve been there :/). If it’s not taking effect yet, please go back to your dr for a meds review. It may be you need a dose adjustment
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.