Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overcoming a negative event

I too take Mirtz and have similar issues - I've found keeping healthy options essential or I'd just munch my way through anything carb based.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

raininghail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I too take Mirtz and have similar issues - I've found keeping healthy options essential or I'd just munch my way through anything carb based.....
    I need to start doing the same because my weight has ballooned since I began taking Mirtz. Almost nothing in my wardrobe fits me. I'm coping by wearing some new PJs I got when at home. There are so comfy and great with the warm weather we've been having. So far, the only effect my increased dose is having is I'm sleeping a good 12 hours a night. I've had a few nightmares but nothing I couldn't cope with.

Work reasonably understood everything when I went in to see my manager, but I have to make a decision soon as to what I'm going to do about my job. I have been off long enough for them to start formal proceedings and if I don't return within the next two months, then my contract could be terminated. I don't like my job, but it's a decent wage. It's enough to cover my bills and give me a little to live on. However, I get no enjoyment from it, and my attempts to move roles have been met with a barrage of nos over the past two years.

When I met with that woman, she asked me questions about what I wanted to do about my job and what kind of job I wanted, and all I could respond with is "I don't know." Then she changed tack and asked what could I do with my degree. Despite explaining my degree is now ten years old, my knowledge was rusty, and my interests had changed, she kept pushing and suggested I look to be a teacher - the last job that I would ever want to do. Hopefully, my new counsellor and I can discuss this and work something out. While I've been typing, I received a call from a counsellor whose been assigned my case, and I will be meeting her tomorrow.

Hope your appt with the counsellor goes well!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How did your appointment go?

raininghail
    I met with the counselor on Tuesday and she's a lovely lady. I found out they will provide me with 8 sessions (including the initial session) and I did feel quite optimistic coming out of our session.

The last couple of days have not been great. Nothing hasn't been going right and it's gotten me down. My friends are trying to help but the more they try, the more I get irritated at them because they just don't understand. I've snapped them several times.

Deep down, I know they are trying to help but I'm finding it condescending. So, right now, I'm just avoiding them because I just don't want to deal.

Well done for meeting the counsellor. Anyone here will tell you that it’s normal to have a slump in the couple of days after your session. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Paula lovely. Have you thought about talking through things with your friends and maybe explaining that you are finding it tough?

raininghail
    Oh, my friends know I'm having a hard time. They are generally really good at helping and I don't know what state I'd be in if not for them. I'm just irritable and grumpy at the moment.

Fair enough! We all have days like that!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-06-18)

raininghail
    So I'm having a crappy day. I woke up late and couldn't be find the willpower to get out of bed so I decided to find something onto watch on my laptop but nothing interests me. I finally did get out of bed briefly to find something to eat and noticed a brown envelope amongst the junk mail which really was the final nail in the coffin.

It was a letter from payroll advising that my SSP is up so I guess I need to apply for ESA. Just great. Another thing to worry about.

I saw my doctor this week and he gave me another fit note for a month advising that next time I see him, he wants to talk to me about going back to work part-time. He means well and he knows I'm at risk of losing my job because of how long I've been off but on a day like today, it's hard enough trying to get out of bed without even considering going to work. I just want to hide away from everything.

Counselling has been going OK. The new lady I've been assigned is very nice but trying to follow her advice is proven quite tough when all I want to do is curl up in bed.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.