Hi all

New here. I've have some form of depression since high school but only got diagnosed in 2014. Didn't really do much about it and wasn't very strict on my medication... then my marriage ended (don't be sorry... I'm not! It was a mess!)... so been on a bit of a downward spiral until I had a meltdown at work this week.

Got signed off for 2 weeks and will be referred to a psychiatrist to find out if I have Bipolar. I'm going to be taking Sertraline 50mg as of tomorrow - I had to laugh when the pharmacist said "DON'T TAKE THIS WITH GRAPEFRUIT JUICE!"... I don't know why that caught me off-guard out of everything else that's happened recently...

I feel a bit S-word because the meltdown happened just after I got an opportunity to progress in my career. I think that may have been a catalyst, mind you.

QUESTION: Anyone here been referred to the psych and then suddenly thought "what the hell am I doing, I'm FINE!!! What's all the fuss about?!"??? And anyone gone for help and then thought "well F-word, that's my normal future/career prospects out the window"? (note, I know the career thing isn't true because workplaces are more inclusive these days, but you know what I mean right?)

I definitely have 'the fear' now. And it doesn't really help that my family deny I have mental health issues too. Just "going through a hard time" as they say. It's that attitude that stopped me from getting help before.

Anyway, hi everyone! Hope you're well!

x