Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think I'm losing my mind

Definitely positive steps! Just one of those actions would have been tough, to do them in all in the past few days is incredible. You should be proud of yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hangetsu
    Apologies, looking at the wording of my last post I can see where the idea I'd spoken to my work line manager occurred. I haven't spoken to my line manager... In all honesty I'd rather not. But I did speak to the shop manager at the place where I bumped my car.

Thanks though, as all the things I've done are definitely positive steps forward.

Also made the decision that there is no work being done this evening. This evening is all about spending time for myself.

Have a pleasant evening everyone.

Ahh, OK.. Why don't you want to talk to your manager lovely?

I'm glad you're not working tonight! Hope you're having a lovely evening.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hangetsu
    Hello again.
    In all honesty there are several reasons I don't wish to talk to my line manager.

He's leaving for a new place of work at the end of this academic year and hasn't done a very good job of managing the team through recent months of hell, add on top of that I find it hard to trust him with the way he treats individuals differently and it's not really an ideal situation for raising my mental health.

If I'm still having major issues after the new line manager is in place, then I'll see what I think then.

For now, I'm talking to my wife, a select group of close friends, putting the occasional post on here and waiting for my assessment call from the counselling peeps. I'm trying to remind myself every day that there are positives in my life and attempting to make sure I take time for myself.

Have a good evening everyone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hangetsu For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-06-18)

I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk to your current line manager then!

I'm so glad you're talking to those around you. That is so important and although it can be really hard starting those conversations, if they know that you're struggling rather than just backing off from the friendship/relationship it can be them that helps you through.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well done for talking to your loved ones and for taking time for yourself. You’re doing exactly what you need right now
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (10-06-18)