Hey everyone, new here, just hoping for some advice if anyone can help. So my depression was triggered by my health problems. I got sick at 16, had to leave college, wasn't able to go out for weeks/months at a time, etc. I had my parents, but besides that, there was pretty much no social interaction or no going out, so that's when it started. My physical health is still bad but a lot better, I can go out more now, but I hardly have any friends, and the two I do are always busy, so still I hardly ever go out or see anyone. I'm 25 years old but the only time I go out is with my parents, it makes me feel pathetic, and when I see my brother going out multiple times a week with his friends, I'm reminded how incredibly lonely I am.

My depression was fine for a few years, I hardly had any bad days and when I did, I could handle it quite well. But now, I just feel like there are constant reminders of how little I have to be happy about in my life, and how big a struggle it is just to feel like actually getting out of bed. I've been like this for nearly a decade, and I just feel like I'm watching my life waste away, losing years and years that I'll never get back. I'd like to join some courses and hopefully make friends, but I have anxiety too, so even that is like an extra mountain to climb.

I don't know, I guess this is mostly a rant, but I think I just want to know if there's anything that helps you folks feel less lonely or any tips for staying hopeful or not giving into that dark hopelessness that makes you not want to even try? Today's been such a beautiful day and I could've just sat outside in the sunshine, but instead I was in bed for hours with the light off. At the very least I want to be able to not respond to my depression with spending the day in bed, you know?

Sorry for the long post.