Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi everyone, just joined

Can I be really rude and ask how old you are?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Do you have a GP? Have you considered going and telling them what you are telling us? I know that things weren't great 10 years ago, but so much has changed since then...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Corvus
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Can I be really rude and ask how old you are?
    I'm nearly 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Do you have a GP? Have you considered going and telling them what you are telling us? I know that things weren't great 10 years ago, but so much has changed since then...
    I don't really have a GP, I just tend to see a different doctor/nurse every time I go, which is pretty much only when I need to. I might be able to see them and tell them how I'm feeling, it's just hard to feel like they'll do anything to help.

You won't know until you try...

That is a problem I used to see the same GP every time I went to the docs, when he retired it's a different person I see every visit (doctors seem to come and go) so it's a bit like pot luck what you get. I think it'd be worth seeing a GP though.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

There are ways to help but you’re never going to have access to them if you don’t see your GP.

Edit: sorry meant to say. Reason I asked your age is because from experience with my daughter I believe that doctors sometimes are more cautious with treating a teenager with MH issues. If they also believed your issues are related to physical health, that may have affected any decision. You’re an adult now, it’s worth talking to them about your options
    Last edited by Paula; 31-05-18 at 10:38 AM.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Corvus
    Thanks to everyone for being welcoming and helpful I suppose over the years I've gotten so used to avoiding doctors for everything out of habit, but maybe I am at a point where I need the kind of help that I need to go to a doctor for. I have less anxiety than I used to so hoping therapy can be an option. Appreciate all of the friendly advice!

You're welcome x