Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

I'm so sorry Sissy
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Sweetie, talking here can help and we will be listening, however you’re feeling (and if you’re worried about the content and if it’s relevant, you can add a trigger warning to your thread so members have the choice to avoid any triggers)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh Sissy what a shame!. Paula's right. We're here to listen and try to help, so let go of your feelings. Do whatever it takes to get you back on track again! A fox killed all 18 of my daughters hens some years ago. It was early daylight. She didn't have an electric fence. All is not lost darling..you can start again! When you feel better - and you will! - think of getting a goose or two as well as the chickens. They make good guard dogs! Thinking of you.

Oh sweetheart, please keep talking about how you are feeling, it's so important...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I feel horrible for my sons. They loved those hens just as much as I did. They were almost like emotional support animals for them. Thank goodness our bunny wasn't there too, we would have much worse disaster at hand if we had lost that one too

I know full well the damage that foxes can do and I'm so sorry for you all... Are you reinforcing the chicken house?

Foxes are good at digging under fences so the chicken house will need protection from them getting in from underneath. Don't give up I know it is upsetting, do a bit of research on the best fox proof chicken houses. As Flo says geese are good guard dogs (or that guard geese) so may be worth looking in to that (not sure if geese are good at detering foxes but worth looking in to).

Sissy keep posting here, as we'll all lend a friendly ear, and maybe come up with some helpful suggestions.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

We have been building our chicken house like it was some sort of holy cathedral. We have been doing research about fencing and how to fox and badger proof the fence. We are tossing a full fortune In this, but I could not care less. I'm not going to lose any more birds to a fox without a fight.. It hurts so bad. I have cried so much my head aches, it feels like my skull was slitting in half.

Huge hugs lovely...

A completely stranger promised us a flock with a small price. He promised to keep it till we get our place ready.. It makes me feel slightly better, even I still cry after my babies. Sometimes people reach out to you with helping hand when you least expect. Today we finished insulation to new coop. Our winters are brutal, so we make sure our birds stay warm.