Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

Awesome, if she has great tips I'd love to hear them as well. Do you cook those corn cobs? I gave a whole cabbage to mine, and they went nuts over it!
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Elsa and Batman Chicks with Attitude would make a good title for a movie
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    Awesome, if she has great tips I'd love to hear them as well. Do you cook those corn cobs? I gave a whole cabbage to mine, and they went nuts over it!
    No you don't have to cook them sissy. Just take the leafy bits off the corn and the chickens will do the rest! They all devoured the sweet corn and bounded out of their coop this morning like greyhounds!! Well she was saying that most vegetables they love...including..stalk and green bits of a cauliflower, cabbage leaves tied to the inside of their run..a little higher than usual as when they jump up for a mouthful it's good exercise. The same with thick broccoli stalks. They'll kill for strawberries! Even if it's just the bits you cut off the top with the little leaves attached. Blueberries, grapes. She says it's comical to watch them run off with a grape in their beaks!! Seeds from sunflower hearts - maybe when they're a little older so they can manage the seeds. Oh, and melon. They love melon. Again, remove seeds if they're too big. There's also a mash they can have. She gives it to her hens in the winter..I'll ask for the recipe. Helps to keep them warm. But again it's a treat, not a daily thing. Her hens also like quiche!!...the pastry bits! How are yours coming along?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

OldMike (24-10-18),Suzi (24-10-18)

I was reading about fermented chicken food you can make at home in a bucket... I think I will take my time to do that. And also some where was a 7 step instruction for barley and oats sprouts. That sounds doable even in here where temperatures drop really low during winter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Flo (25-10-18)

My Grandma always kept chickens and she always made her own food by boiling potato peelings....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are you doing, lovely?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I feel like I'm the butt of the worst joke in history saying this... But my dog ate my glasses, and I am almost blind without. At home I can manage somehow, but leaving the house is a nightmare. We need to drive to another town tomorrow to see if my glasses can even be fixed.. Other than that, all fine. Chicken, fine. Kids, fine. Le dude, fine. Life, lovely. Just reminds me how dumb have I been hating my glasses so much. They liberate me, whole world is open when I have them. Now I deal with this horrendous head ache and am afraid my own backyard.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I should have started wearing glasses when I was 12, my teachers didn't even know until I was 16 and in my final year of school!!! And then I only started wearing them because my eyes had gotten so bad that I couldn't see clearly more than 15cm in front of me so I can relate to this so much.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Sissy I'm laughing at "The dog ate my glasses" when I know I shouldn't as I'm as blind as a bat without them, my eyesight is probably similar to Jaq's.

I've 2 pairs of reading glasses, 2 pairs of intermediate glasses, 2 pairs of distance glasses and finally one pair of distance glasses which darken in the sun.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I really hope they can be fixed tomorrow
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.