Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

Ash kills ticks and lice so they benefit alot of it
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-10-18)

Morning Sissy!....Thats a great idea! we have a wood burning stove so I'll empty the ashes into a box or something. Do you put the ashes into their enclosed run or do you put it outside where they roam? My enclosed run isn't huge but it's covered with a purpose made waterproof sheet at the moment because of the wet weather. If it rains the ashes will turn to mud outside I suppose! Are you having a good time with your dad staying?

I've noticed birds in my garden like to have a dry dust bath, not much chance of that at the moment with all the rain here though.

Flo put the ashes in a tray under cover otherwise I'll be a mud bath, I'm sure Sissy will put us right on this
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I don't plan to put any ashes out unless it's a sunny day. I'll put it under cover in their enclosed run otherwise. They're happily roaming around the garden at the moment. They're quite comical!

Put it either in the henhouse or some where else it stay dry. I mix sand, sawdust and ash in 1:1:1 ratio in an old tire. It makes a great bath tub for your birds

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Flo (15-10-18),OldMike (14-10-18)

Tiana says good morning!

This is how she greeted me when I went to do my morning check up and collect first eggs. Could she be more a diva ?

Good morning Tiana!!......isn't she lovely? Last night I dreamed that all of my girls had laid huge eggs!!. When I woke up I was quite disappointed At the moment they are pecking away for worms and other delicious morsels. They really are entertaining aren't they? Have a good day Sissy.xx

She is a very pretty girl, bantam kochin is her breed. She should start laying soon, but we are still waiting. She has lovely feathered feet, they make me smile every time I see her going on with her chicken business. You too have a wonderful day!

She couldn't be more of a diva or a Princess if she tried! She's amazing!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Got to love Tiana's feathered feet
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"