Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

Morning Flo! They do smell a wee bit, but I rake the area they are in every day and put all In closed compost. Dog poop smells more than my chickens here, and I rake that away daily too. So I am pretty sure you can keep them quite odourless by cleaning the caging daily

Thanks for that sissy...the coop I'm thinking of getting has a tray that you can slide out from the outside so you can rid of poo etc., so I can't see much of a problem.

A happy rooster and a happy hen that's beautiful
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Ah, the subject of chicken poo never ceases to cheer me up of a morning . They are very cute
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Your chickens look awesome!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thanks everyone! And what comes to smelly part, I am sure Flo can deal with that. Biggest issue here is composting the waste, it stinks unless you have closed compost or can take the dirty sawdust/pellets/whatever you use away from neighbourhood. I don't really see any problem In there

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...psmhohnrjn.jpg

It's hard to be sad when these greet you. Rudi is our friend's dog we often take care of. He is heavier and taller than Le boyfriend, even he is no shorty either... Funny morning.

That's beautiful Sissy it made me smile too
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Thank you! He is such a sweetheart. Weighting almost 100kg he really is a gentle giant

Oh wow! He’s beautiful
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.