Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

He really has to want to stop drinking, your not the reason he drinks, alcohol can cause so many problems and I'm afraid I don't have the answer.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Sissy (09-09-18)

CaterpillarGirl
    I have very similar issues with my fiance, he likes to have a drink every day but usually only 3 or 4, on the weekends it's much more, he knows I hate it when he comes home drunk but sometimes he does anyway (even though we don't live together and he has Sundays at home so he can drink and not upset me, sometimes he still comes to mine drunk on other days) it always makes me feel like he is choosing drink over us, even though he is not particularly bad when he is drunk, he's just not the man I fell in love with. To be fair he has recently started cutting back and not going to the pub every day, he is doing this for health reasons. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand your pain, it is so hard sometimes, but they are with us because they love us and we are now and always will be more important than the alcohol, even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

Sissy (09-09-18)

Thing is, all you can do is talk to them and explain it and how much it hurts you... Would he/they be prepared to get some help?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I do really hope so. He kicked his drug addiktion years ago on his own. However, he says this is much harder. I wouldn't know, but I love him and want to help him.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

If he can kick drugs he can kick this! It's fantastic that he's been able to get clean from drugs.
    Do you have something similar to Alcoholic's Anonymous in Finland?

Yea we do. I had my own appointment with psychologist today, and I feel better already. I want to get him better, I don't want to see him drink his life away. He already has lost so many people. His both parents, grand parents and brother are dead. He used to live like there was nothing to lose. He has come a long way from the point where he was at when we met. Well we have know each other since childhood but that is another story. He says he got back his will to live. And it shows. But I guess relapses come and go. And I love how he is when he has all that energy being sober brings. We get so much done. We make plans for future. We do awesome things together. And life is lovely, even when it gets hard he brings light to darkness. And he says we do the same for him. But somehow the booze sneaks in every now and then, and it gets me so upset.

Is it just when he goes out with friends? Would he consider swapping to alcohol free stuff?

Swapping completely, no. But he said he will correctly his course again. And I know he can do it... I just Wonder how long till something makes him slip again. But I can not give up on someone who is so loving and caring. I want to help him. Truly...

I'm glad you were able to talk to him about everything. I'm glad he's willing to stop. That's huge.

You’re an amazing person, Sissy
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.