Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

I don't doubt you for one second! You're awesome.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thank you. Right now I am feeling really down though. We just had agreed no drinkin when Kids are home... But something happened and I got my guy home drunk as a skunk. I feel so betrayed. But what can I do... Wait till he is sober and then scream blue murder? I am tried. I love this guy more than my own life. But I hate when I lose against booze. I sat with my hens for hours and just tried to calm down. Luckily Kids had alot of things to do and didn't really pay attention to him sleeping his head clear... I feel so lonely when this happens. It makes me so sad he picks a bottle over me and kids. Doesn't happeen often, but still it happens. And it breaks my heart.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Oh sweetheart definitely talk to him when he sobers up. Do you know why he was drinking today?

Because friends were giving him booze. Turning down a drink is too much to ask I guess. He is a heavy drinker. He does not do this often, but beer is there almost daily. And he just told me he needs to cut the habit... But I guess I have been in just as big denial as he, thinking this isn't bad yet. It is bad. And I can't put myself through this without breaking.

Do you think he would go to see his doctor and ask for help in stopping/cutting back?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How much does he drink daily? If he is a heavy drinker and alcohol dependent just stopping could have very serious consequences. Could he cut down? What about swapping for alcohol free? But I would suggest seeing his dr and getting some help...

Knowing his background, he has been drinkin since childhood. From 10 or 11 I assume. Beer during week is just some, 2 or 3. But weekend are a whole New story, and even he usually is not down right drunk, the beer has to be there. Now it was vodka, and I am sad. No holiday goes by without alcohol. I love this man so much it hurts, but I hate how I have to deal with disapointments with drinkin. This is nowehere close to the friend I have mentioned, but I guess alcoholism is not something you can keep at bay. Either you drink, or you don't. I don't want to be the one that has to be Hurt over and over. I know he loves us, but... Somehow the booze is stronger. And that is devastating.

Have you told him this?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Tell him how you feel lovely.. But he needs to want to cut down/quit for himself...

I have. He can have long periods of time sober, but then it happens again... I know it is an illness, and needs treatments, support and therapy. But so does my depression, and I sometimes Wonder if we drag each other to deeper in our problems. He carries me when I fall, am I the reason why he drinks? Because his drinkin sure as hell depresses me alot.