Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...psoqrcysxy.jpg
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...pscr4jwfbp.jpg

This is how it looks now. I dug the ground with a spade in burning sun and heat for few days so nothing can come under the fence this time. Few more days of work and I get my birds home

Wow! Looks amazing!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm having no luck at viewing the images Photobucket must be running slow today, I'll check back later.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Slowly but surely.. We got a door assembled as Well as window on its place. The run needs a net on top of it as well, so owls and hawks won't get to my babies. Gotta clean all stuff laying in there away, and next weekend we take the road trip to pick up my hens. I am so excited.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Looks brilliant, you've done a fantastic job there.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Thank you.. Le dude works in construction, so his skills and my visions have led to this. We are rather happy with the outcome. Alot to do still, but it will be done, and this time nothing will get to my birds. We are building another fence around whole backyard, and we will let our dogs guard it at nights. Dante is still a puppy, but already seems to have a guarding instinct there. Tosca is alerting about any activity she does not approve, and clearly is teaching Dante to do the same. I feel my birds will be safe under their watch.

Le Dude is cool to have come up with such an awesome design! Your birds are going to be so spoilt!

He has been reading about keeping a flock almost as much as I have. We need air vents, lights and nests still, plus roof for the run. That should not be too difficult. I will flood the topic with pictures when we get all done and hens home. Luckily the heat wave is gone for now. We went from 32 celcius to 17 celcius, which is still rather warm to be Finland. But it feels like I need a cardigan!

You can have our 35 back... I hate it! I would love to want to need a cardigan!

Friday Fab 5's: Friday 10th August 2018

It's not friday yet, but I'm a rebellious soul and tell you fab 5's for the moment. Because I feel happy, and because I can! And Le dude works 4 days per week, so it is almost like friday.

-sunday we go pick up my hens! I'm so happy!
    -next thursday we start ridinglessons with my youngest son. It's been 15 years since I had to sell my own horse, but now I feel ready to pick up that hobby again.
    -my mother's greenhouse is overflowing with crop, so we get cucumbers, zuchinies and tomatoes as much as we can eat, and they taste amazing! And kale. I love kale!
    -my friends are getting married, and I am so happy for them.
    -rain. We finally got rain, and all plants look so invigorated I can't do much else but smile.

I think there it was, my fab 5 right now. And tomorrow is friday, so yay!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Flo (10-08-18),magie06 (09-08-18),OldMike (09-08-18),Paula (09-08-18)