Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

Wow it is a really posh chicken coop
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I'm not that sure about the posh part... But we try to make it as functional and cozy for the chicken as we can. My mom had her kitchen renovated some time ago, and we recycled some of the old cabinets. It is good to have some storage space and table even in coop. Chalking the walls was messy business as you can tell.. Splatters all over the coop and tools. That nailgun is not my friend at all, it is heavy, loud and scary!

Looks brilliant! You'll have very happy hens in there!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Julie
    Thanks for sharing. I too struggle terribly with the whole getting out of bed and how i feel in the morning.

Some mornings just feel impossible, don't they? I am having hard time without my chicken, so I am pushing my limits forcing myself working in the coop every morning. Hearing that alarm feels like someone tried to suck out my soul.. But soon we should be done. And then I get my new sweethearts home and can pamper them and wake up to rooster singing me the song of his people!

SA89
    Waking up is an awful feeling with depression. I think its because sleeping is a relief from our miserable existence. It takes us away from our despairing mind into a state of fleeting, blissful unconsciousness.

As the day progresses our despair can edge out somewhat through eating, drinkin & distraction. The start of the day is often the bleakest because we can't see the wood from the trees. I hope u feel better. I'm also suffering & I wish I had a clear solution .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SA89 For This Useful Post:

Sissy (02-08-18)

Actually, now Le dude took my alarm clock away, and wakes me up by giving me a Phone all in the morning. It is easier that way. He sometimes even leaves me Coffee in a thermos and breakfast if he has time before leaving for work. He leaves around 5 am, so usually he just calls me. It is still way better than the alarm for me. I really hope every one with rough mornings finds a softer way to start their day.

I know we’ve said it before but Le Dude sounds awesome!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Sissy (02-08-18)

Le Dude is really awesome!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Sissy (03-08-18)