Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

Is that in the house that you and Le Dude built for them? They all look happy!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yea it is. They seem to be very happy hens, and Le dude built a glorious place for them. I assisted as much as I could, but he is the magic maker.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

I think you're both magic makers by giving them such a lovely home filled with love!

I like the fact you have a mixture of different types of hens. Is one of the hens a boss, a number one hen the others look up to?
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

They have a pecking order, and looks like there are two boss ladies. Wanda and Merida. Rest are hard to figure out, but our rooster is very nice to them all. His favourite hen is Nasu, she is abit bossy too, but Wanda and Merida won't let her boss around that much. In General they are pretty balanced flock. Lowest in the pecking order are those very young 6, but that's how it goes in the chicken world. They get to eat and sleep and drink without hassle. Just have to wait abit or take the lower roosts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

OldMike (09-10-18)

I love that you know all their personalities!

That’s so cute
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Cuteness overload!

They grow so fast! Almost 3 weeks old, and they are so cute I am going to lose it! First one is a little girl, second is a little boy. Le dude named them Batman and Elsa, since one of the bigger ones was not "Elsa enough". He is funny.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (12-10-18),OldMike (12-10-18)

I love your photos sissy...aren't they gorgeous! My girls have been with us for nearly a week now. I'm going to get in touch with the lady I bought them from. Two of them are doing a lot of scratching!.....I'm not that good at turning them upside down and looking for things! But if it's lice they didn't get them here!! I'll need to get some powder that she recommends. Why is it that they can't invent a Spot-On for chickens? There's stuff for racing pigeons that only requires a drop on the back of the neck...and some poultry owners use it on their flock..however I'm not too sure about it. What do you use?.....our weather is appalling so they're under cover at the moment. How are you doing today?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Sissy (12-10-18)

I love Batman and Elsa! They are amazingly cute!!