Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: I hate mornings

One is 19 weeks, other 21 weeks. Bantam kochin is also 19 weeks. She is not laying yet. Not sure if the younger silkie is either, I have only seen the older one in nest
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Oh!! well that's quite young isn't it? They all obviously love where they are. Lovely. I hope maybe one of mine will lay an egg soon. Fingers crossed!

Well they mature at their own place, so they lay eggs when they are ready. Maybe this one is fast ready. But I gotta check again... Maybe I counted wrong. Silkies do start laying at 5 to 6 months, or so I was told

I don't think there are any strict rules. Like you say, they'll lay when they're ready. How many silkies do you have?

2 silkies. And bantam kochin, one hen one rooster

I have one silkie (Daphne) 1 Polish (Polly) and 2 Pekins (Dot and Lavinia)..they're all in bed now..all cuddled up together. It's going to be a long winter for our hens isn't it?

Highest likely. We already have snow here, so my hens get out for just a short moment every day. But they seem to enjoy that moment greatly. When the temperature drops under - 5°C I am keeping them inside all day