Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate mornings

I hate mornings

I have serious problem with waking up. When I hear the alarm, my first thought is that it is a shame to be alive. Every morning I cry because I woke up. Sometimes it goes away fast, some days that feeling sticks around. It is awful. Please don't get worried, I have no urge to Hurt anyone, including myself. I'm just feeling so desperate to stay asleep, I don't know where it comes from. But something happened. My guy built me a chicken coop, and brought me a rooster and a chicken. For few days now I have woken up to that sounds that rooster keeps... What is it In english? Anyway. I smiled. Every time. Can something this simple really make a change this huge? I sit at the cage talking to my bird (kids named them Dracula and Martha) and feel alot better. I have many pets, and they all help me to push through every day, but something waking up to that sound of that silly rooster made a big jump up on the ladder. I still dislike mornings with passion, but I haven't cried. I just thought I'd like to share this with you guys. I hope everyone has something in their life that makes everything better. Like a noisy rooster named after a vampire.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

OldMike (23-05-18)

The sound of the rooster - Cock-a-doodle-do! Awesome names! I'm so glad that they have made such a difference to you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I just wake up to the sound of a radio, waking up to the sound of a rooster crowing would make a pleasant change.

Martha and Dracula I like those names and yes pets help a lot of people get through the day.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I’m so glad your birds have made things that much easier, mines my dogs (greyhounds) called Polo and Luna
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yea animals make a big change. I got two mixed breed dogs, Tosca and Dante. Three rescue cats Mavis, Johnny and Quinnie. Boa constrictor called Elviira, and a tarantula called Pikku Myy (little my from moomies). And now those chickens. He told me he gets me at least 2 more so the Dracula can have a flock he deserves. We thought we'd name those Morticia and Wanda

I love all those animals except maybe the tarantula (too many legs). Dracula really wants more than one lady
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Yea I have been studying about chickens alot now, and we are building a bigger house for them so they can stay warm and healthy over winter. Now they are fine In the smaller coop without insulation but winters in here can be brutal. I haven't been able to work much for several years, but things like this help me stay functional. And eggs are just a bonus. I didn't realise how soft chicken are. Or that they like to sit on your lap or like eating treats from hand. I simply thought they see people just as feeding machines. I was so so wrong.

Chickens can be really soft and gentle. We have 3 rescue dogs Casey - who has just turned 15 from Romania, Moiya - 9 also from Romania and Crash - 18 months from Spain! We'd all be lost without them!
    We also have fish and lots and lots of wild tadpoles and frogs in the garden!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Look at my babies... I am so happy. Dracula has pretty colours, don't you think?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

OldMike (24-05-18)

Morning sissy....what lovely chickens!! You can tell from their bright red combs that they're very healthy and happy! I want to get a few chickens too! But neighbours say they smell a lot in summer and my neighbours are very close! But I can't see the problems if they're cleaned every day. I don't want to fall out with my neighbours! By the way, I get up early in the mornings cos I can't sleep!.....MORNING!!!!!!