Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So Lonely.... Please somebody talk to me.

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I've been seeing my partner for a little over 8 months now. I have it slightly easier as he also suffers with depression so understands. I often cry with him and all he says is it's important to him that I feel comfortable to show him how I'm feeling and that he would be more upset if I hid it from him amd he wasn't able to comfort me. He always tells me that I'm entitled to feel however I feel and it's ok not to be ok. The right person will do what they can to understand and support you
    Sounds like you've got a goodun' there!!! The one that I have fallen for is a very busy single parent doing 2 jobs. She is very patient and understanding but time together is very limited and I hate it when my stuff gets in the way. I just hate the way I can't control my moods better and not have them keep tumbling out. I just wear my heart on my sleeve !

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I understand that. Our time together is limited too at the moment and I hate that when we can be together, I usually end up in tears. Our strength though is we talk and try and be completely honest with each other. We find it helps.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

My husband has depression and a host of other mental health issues - our strength is talking too....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Our way to deal with things is a very dark sense of humor. We joke about hard stuff when I am able to handle joking. My oldest son has severe form of aspergers and add. He also suffers social anxiety, so he gets my low points. His jokes can be inapropriate to some, but to me they provide the very needed moments of uncontrollable giggling. For example today he listened to my endless ranting about not finding matching socks, my favourite coffee mug being Lost, and my eyeliner acting up. He also watched me throwing a temper tantrum over wrong kind of cheese, and screaming every curseword I know at mosquitoes. He simply patted my head and said "I didn't know being crazy takes that much effort". So yea. I laughed like a hyperventilating hyena. They can say the weirdest things, and still save my day. Give your relationship abit time, and I am sure you find the ways that carry you guys forward.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Flo (27-05-18)

We all have a dark sense of humour too! It's easier when you're taking the p(ss in a friendly way...

Jeremy
    Hi everyone. It's been a funny old week for me. A couple of downs and a few ups. How's everyone else doing?

D'you want to talk about it?

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    D'you want to talk about it?
    I had one OTT crying fit. So difficult to handle. Going from deliberately emotionless for years as a way of coping, to allowing myself to feel has been tough. I actually find it hard to know what is healthy emotion and what is unhelpful tbh at times. I'm a very expressive person and when I get emotional it scares me sometimes that I'll lose control. My new partner says she hates lies and when she asks how I am I tend to lose it and it opens the floodgates. It's starting to freak her out as her ex suffered with depression and it had a serious effect on her and children. She says my depression concerns her, though she says she's "not going away", which is reassuring. But I'm sick of this getting in the way of a happy life with happy relationships.

Have you had or are you having any therapy to help with your emotions?

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you had or are you having any therapy to help with your emotions?
    Yes, I’ve had a short term session of therapy at my Doctor’s surgery with someone there but I’ve just referred myself to a counselling agency for hopefully longer term therapy.