Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Lonely.... Please somebody talk to me.

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I’m sorry about your marriage, I know how painful that can be
    Thanks Paula. Yes, I took a huge risk trying dating again - risk for me and the other person. I hope it will work. Medication helps, but I need relationships with human beings to make the world seem worth being part of. I can cope with solitude and my own company, but not all the time.

Tia
    Hey Jeremy , sorry to hear you are feeling this way. You are most definitely not alone whilst on here. I don't post a lot, most of the time I look at other people posts to see how they are getting on in life. I completely understand the loneliness issue, sometimes it's great to have your own company other times you really need to be with a human being. It's been six years for me and the single life . Sounds like you are doing all the right things by taking medication and counselling.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (21-05-18)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Have you considered contacting your local Mind and seeing what support they offer? They often do groups
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Have you considered contacting your local Mind and seeing what support they offer? They often do groups
    I'm in Northern Ireland so it would probably be Action Mental Health. I'll give it some thought. Thanks.

I believe they’ve changed name. This is a list of useful links and contact details that we have elsewhere on our site http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....UK-amp-Ireland
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I believe they’ve changed name. This is a list of useful links and contact details that we have elsewhere on our site http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....UK-amp-Ireland
    Thanks so much!

Hi and welcome to the group! It's a really friendly forum with lots of regular members so you'll get to know us all pretty quickly! We have members from all over the world which is great too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Hello, and welcome. I am new as well, and already finding this place quite helpful in many ways. First all the links to useful materials and contacts, and seeing how other people deal with their own stuff. But even more than that, I found it really comforting seeing how people here have taken their time to offer a shoulder or an listening ear when someone needs it. I am sorry to hear about your marriage, I really can relate to that. Mine broke 2011, and took me almost 6 years to fix myself to the point where I could even try to start seriously dating again. But once I gave it a try, I found someone who actually really can handle me and my kids. And sadly we can really be an absolute chaos, since all 4 of us have stuff to deal with. But it can happen.

If you feel really down, coming here is a great way to find people who truly understands your situation. No one can know exactly how you feel, but we can relate to that dark place you are in, and no one here will make that mistake to simply tell you to cheer up. I feel like I came home here, and I hope you feel that way as well.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (22-05-18),magie06 (22-05-18),OldMike (22-05-18),Paula (22-05-18),Suzi (22-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    I feel like I came home here, and I hope you feel that way as well.
    That's a lovely thing to say. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Sissy (22-05-18)

I wonder how are you feeling today? I chose to spoil myself with a cinnamonroll roll and a gigantic cup of coffee in the garden. I hope you have a better day today than yesterday. I know I do, and I know everyone deserves to feel better. I hope you have as great day as possible.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-05-18)