Hi everyone, it's good to have found this forum.
I have suffered with anxiety for about 17 years, from my teens. This last couple of years it is much improved since meeting someone, working hard in therapy and using anti depressants(citalopram).

I have had some periods of depression, always secondary to the moderate to severe (social) anxiety, however, things have taken a turn since my cat of 18, nearly 19 years passed away on 12th Feb.
Thankfully its not notably changed my anxiety, but I'm easily moved to tears, the mention of his name, the thought of him sitting with me on my computer desk, or playing silly games breaks my heart.
Because of the often severe social anxiety I've spent a lot of time indoors for most of the last two decades; with him, and even though I've had other pets all throughout my life, a very special bond that stood out in life has been broken.

I feel devastated, it's silly, but I feel I've been wronged, that it's an injustice, I feel disbelief, sometimes angry(at the idea I should move on and put it behind me), often heartbroken.
I'm just hoping here provides me thought processes and techniques that can help because I'm very uncomfortable even after the best part of three months.
Thanks, Mark