Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What an awful day at work

That's fantastic!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Tia
    What a week it's been full of drama. My sister is still in hospital I am sure this is just a glitch and her bloods and kidneys will return to normal quite soon. It is hard being hundreds of miles away from her . Tonight I am going to pour myself a well deserved drink, tomorrow is another day.

Are you able to get to her over the weekend?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Tia
    Nope I am stuck in work. The problem is the work load it's too much for one person and the new supervisor is no way near ready to be left on her own, far too much to go wrong. If things take a turn for the worst I will down tools and try to find a train that can get me up to the hospital. My manager will have to muddle through.I am praying things turn out well , this will be my sister's last operation as she was distressed when she came round from the anaesthetic. Don't want to play god with her life but she has been through so much it would be inhumane to make her endure more operations.

That's a horrible situation to be in. Is it just you and your sister? Parents?

Tia
    No parents Suzie my mum died when I was in primary school and my father died when I was 19 so I was my sister's carer from age 11 up to 31. Her life is really good as she now has her own place and well looked after by her carers. Last night has been a really close call as the crash team were brought in. Thankfully she seems ok today asking for toast ! I am on pins waiting for the next news with thoughts running through my head so just in case I am going to pack a bag and find the next train.Already messaged my manager and told her that I might be going up.

77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I feel for you lovely. I think you're amazing.
    Would it help you to go up?

Tia
    I am thinking of going first thing tuesday that's if she remains stable. It's a very busy week again in work and I am in six days. At least Tuesday is a little easier for my manager to cope on her own and I think the new supervisor will have to be chucked in at the deep end. I will pack a bag just in case. In the middle of this I am having jobs done on my house so instead of going out I have ordered parts and materials online, got eldest to take some time off work to be in when the work gets carried out. To top it off my back has gone this morning so here I am dosed up on painkillers walking around with a hot water bottle strapped to my back . You really couldn't make this up. Some times life is a right pain in the ass !

That's a lot of plates to be juggling lovely....
    You sound close to your sister. I think it's great that you want to be there for her lovely...