Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: current situation with ant and dec

current situation with ant and dec

wanted to post... because it really bothers me at the moment- the current situation with ant and dec.

ant and dec are amazing as a comedy duo, and ant's car crash has really cast a shadow over the pair's future on tv.

I think dec's doing a great job hosting alone for now (good on him for agreeing to do the final shows of takeaway!), but I do wish ant and dec the best and hope they are back together soon

also: if ant and dec don't get back together, then what does this mean for ITV?

after all, ant and dec are 2 of their main presenters

I'm not a massive Ant and Dec fan, but obviously I wish them both well - although imho there is NEVER an excuse for drink driving...
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

No, I'm not a massive fan either. They're both ridiculously overpaid. Ant has a drink problem which I hope is addressed sooner rather than later. I can't see ITV going down the pan because they're not presenting.

Me neither Flo Ant Dec fan that is), and all TV presenters seem to be ridiculously overpaid.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest quiz (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

maybe ITV won't, but saturday prime time will

ITV'S issue is that it's very rare they allow new tallent to present shows, and they run on a cycle of presenters.

excluding ant and dec, they have

keith lemmon, harry hill, philip scofield, and that woman who helps him sometimes on this morning (and that guy out of take me out)

with that in mind they need to get in new tallent and start trying other things to boost the ratings (and I don't mean about 50 X-factor spinn off shows)

ant and dec have high ratings anyway

think about it.

with the acception of red or black (I'm not sure why that was such a flop, I loved that show), their other shows have lasted years.

takeaway has been going since 2002, I'm a celebrity and britain's got tallent have lasted years, I stand by the channel will struggle for prime time ratings if they leave

I really can't see ITV collapsing because of 1 presenter..... No matter how big they are...

suzy...

I can accept your point, to an extent, but let me try and go about it a diffrent way:

if ITV were to lose something like emmerdale (god forbid, I love emmerdale), it would still be fine- they have corination street, and they always have new dramas they can fill the skedule with, so no issues their.

if they lose ant and dec (who are mainly on saturday nights), their would be a huge hole in the prime time skeduule

if say you've been framed is on at 6 30 (it is, every time I watch it it's half 6), that's half an hour filled, then they have 7 until 10 to fill with entertainment

taking out the ant and dec shows, you have ninja warrior, the X- factor, and take me out. that's all

they'd have to start filling the skedule with the lord of the rings (which they do about 100 times anyway)

But the shows could continue with different presenters....

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    After the loss of Bruce and Len from Strictly come dancing, the show hasn't suffered without them. The same with The Great British Bake off. Different presenters, almost the same show.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

purplefan (30-04-18),S deleted (30-04-18),Suzi (30-04-18)

They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.