Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toys are us

toys are us

it is with a heavy heart, I say goodbye to the chain of stores known as toys are us

every christmas when I was a kid, I'd go their and stock up. I loved that place.

adverts were magical too

anyone else have fond memories of this place

steph xx

As all my memories are of going in there as a mother, nope none of them are happy
    Come on everybody, join in the QUIZ, I need the competition!

I have some great memories too
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

It's sad another company has gone to the wall, I've never been to Toys R Us as it wasn't in existence when I was a kid and I've no children myself.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

The good memories I have of Toys R us is that it was great if you could find what you wanted for the kids for Christmas! But I wasn't very good at battling against the crowds of people with their kids at that time of year. I wonder if they've gone to the wall because of internet shopping? So many places are.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    The good memories I have of Toys R us is that it was great if you could find what you wanted for the kids for Christmas! But I wasn't very good at battling against the crowds of people with their kids at that time of year. I wonder if they've gone to the wall because of internet shopping? So many places are.
    Think you're probably right there Flo, why struggle against the crowds in a store when you can have them deliver to your door.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

I never went into toys are us. I'm sorry for the people who have lost their job.

They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Iím a 21st century mum. Why fight against the crowds, cope with the hyperexcited kids and be constantly badgered for whatever is by the till when you can buy it (cheaper) online? And therein lies the reason itís gone under .....
    Come on everybody, join in the QUIZ, I need the competition!

flo,

one of the reasons toys are us has gone to the wall (a term I've never heard before), is because they aquired a debt that they are unlikely to pay back- I read this online somewhere, they were shutting the UK stores to see if it will help them pay it back, but it won't. they say now it's unlikely they will pay it all back

also I think their's a lot of compitition now

you've got smith's toy superstores, the entertainer, argos, probably others..

steph xx

Oh!...what a shame! I don't know where the term 'gone to the wall' comes from...I'll look it up. Also of course, Amazon can undercut most toy stores, but then it's not as exciting for kids as being in the actual shop. Thanks steph.xx