Thread: Job Search while Depressed

UncleChip

Job Search while Depressed

After having a handful of interviews and not being successful with any of them, I get the feeling my depression is showing in my interviews.

I'm trying to smile and sound happy, but I guess it's not convincing. That and I'm growing increasingly forgetful, which is really damaging my ability to answer unexpected questions.

Are there any online resources for people looking for work while suffering from depression?

Have you looked at all the jobsites? What about things like linkedin etc?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Most people go on multiple interviews before finding the right job - it doesn’t mean it’s anything to do with your depression, it may just mean you haven’t found the right job yet
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I've tried CWJobs and LinkedIn. CWJobs seems to be returning the most results in my area. LinkedIn is suggesting roles too far for me to travel on a daily basis (I live in South Yorkshire and I'm getting roles in places like Birmingham and London), so I might have entered the wrong settings in there.

I'll keep trying, but one interviewer fed back to me that I was extremely anxious during the interview, even though I was trying to come across as relaxed.

Maybe you are trying too hard?

UncleChip
    I've got an interview confirmed for this week, so I'll prepare by getting to sleep earlier for a few nights in a row.

That sounds like a good plan. Good luck!