Thread: Sore and stiff neck

Sore and stiff neck

Iím suffering from a very sore and stiff neck. I was hoping it would improve by itself. Heat improves it for a while but twisting is painful as is eating anything that involves movement.
    I have had a cold but that was a while back. Lying in bed is painful. Iíve tried gentle exercise and stretching to no avail.
    I have an osteopathic appointment but that isnít for about ten days time.
    I know that lithium can cause joint pain so maybe it is that (again)
    Tension and stress can cause pain and Iíve had that recently by the bucket load so maybe it is that ?
    Anybody new reading this I am prescribed lithium so unable to take the usual painkillers like ibuprofen and aspirin?I donít like pain killers anyway. Thanks in advance.

EJ, there are lots of painkillers you can take with lithium - Iím on several. I know you donít like painkillers but if the alternative is suffering with your pain, it doesnít make sense. Talk to your doctor ....
    Come on everybody, join in the QUIZ, I need the competition!

Thank you Paula. Years ago I went to a GP and he just mainipulated my neck until it clicked. It worked though

Is that the last time you spoke to a gp about your neck pain?

No. The last time I went to the doctors was about my low blood sugar. There were two doctors in the practice who were good at manipulation but they have both retired.

Not meaning to answer at cross purposes but I don’t think that my neck pain is a good enough reason to go to the docs. I have an appointment with Andrew but that is the week after next.
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 08-04-18 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Please try not to double post

Neck pain can have all sorts of causes, surely itís best to have a doctor confirm whatís going on?

I agree about seeing the Dr about your pain lovely. I have horrendous neck and head pain and it's linked with other things... Really being in pain is awful. If you can make any of it any better, then surely that's a positive thing?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.