Thread: New member

helloworld1990tim

Hello friends, I have recently joined this forum and I hope that I can share and know different stories of other members. I'm really excited to know other members. I'm from London and unforfunately after a car accident I have become disabled. I'm really in depression and I want to know how I can overcome this problem. Please feel free to share your stories with me.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to look around and jump in whenever you feel ready. You'll find we're a friendly bunch.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Has that caused your depression? Have you seen your gp and discussed it with him? Are you on any meds or having any counselling? Sorry for all the questions, it's just to get a better idea of how we can help you. Some people find support groups help a lot and your local MIND will often have something on.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Hi and welcome . I had a fall a few years ago which has left me with physical disabilities so I understand how much something like this can affect you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi and welcome I have progressive degenerative illnesses causing physical disabilities. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi there. When my back was bad (I've had 2 surgeries) I found that my mental health deteriorated to a point that I was hospitalised for quite a while. But the good news is I recovered and got back to myself.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. It's bound to have had an effect on your mental health. But with the right treatment - medication and/or therapy - it can be managed and alleviated. We're all in the same boat here, so talk away. We'll help in any way we can.

sallyb
    Hello I have a neurological disability and also suffers with depression. I struggle so much with being tired all the time. It makes it harder to do some of the things I know I should do to help my depression like regular exercise. So I try focus on small things that make me happy and each day. Hard.

Nice to meet you