Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet the Team!

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi there. I'm not sure if this is in the right place but here I go.
    My name is Magie and I'm married to the most wonderful man in the whole world. We've been together for about 17 years and I'm totally still in love with him today. We've got one princess, called Aisling who just turned 9, and one goldfish who is about 5 years old.
    I was diagnosed with severe psychotic depression about 5 years ago. I take two different antidepressants, which go by different names here. I'm also coming off Valium which I've been takIng constantly for the last 5 years . I also take Lamictal for my bipolar side, and telfast for my allergies, Lyrica as a pain killer, kemadrin to stop the shakes and ranitidite to prevent ulcers. Physically I'm an asthmatic, I've got a wonky back, and I'm allergic to lots of strange things including Latex. This combination of medication works for me so I'm happy enough atm.
    I found this site almost a year ago and I think it has saved me, more than once. The people here are so kind and helpful, they've been there when some of the other services have shut for the evening or even the weekend. The know what to say and they know when to be quite. I've learned so much about myself and my illness and I've been shown the tools to help turn a bad day into a better one.
    That's me in a nutshell. Take it easy.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Angie (14-08-15),Flo (05-12-16),Hugo-agogo (04-01-16),Jarre (14-08-15),OldMike (04-01-16),Paula (14-08-15),selena (14-08-15),Suzi (18-08-15)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I never know what to write for anything like this so bear with me!

I'm Jaq, I'm in my early 30's and have recently moved back in with my parents after a relationship breakdown. I'm my mums full time carer but currently don't work due to my poor mental health. I've dealt with my fair share of trauma in my life and I was formally diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 22, though I think it started earlier. I'm one of those awkward ones who has tried countless antidepressants at varying doses alongside countless cycles of counselling and nothing is working. My gp is currently trying to get the psych team involved.

I'm love all things creative and if I'm not creating things I have my nose in a book. I have to confess to being a Man Utd supporter and love rugby league too, I'm Hull FC through and through. To think, my mum wanted a girly girl
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-06-16),Flo (05-12-16),magie06 (25-06-16),OldMike (24-06-16),Paula (24-06-16),rob8283 (01-05-17),Stella180 (27-06-16),Suzi (25-06-16)

Please note the new staff changes
    There's only us, There's only this, Forget regret, Or life is your to miss,
    No other road, No other way, No day but today. (Rent. Jonathan Larson)

Look! I'm walking a marathon in May for the British Heart Foundation!
    Sponsor me if you fancy! No pressure, cheerleaders needed too!

https://mymarathon18.everydayhero.com/uk/s-shaw

Hi, I'm Flo and at 65 (a young 65!) I'm one of the oldest of the mods., so you could say that I've been around the block a few times, and on the way have had lots of experiences - a few unwanted ones too! I am an AA old timer and in my 7th year of sobriety went into total meltdown with my first bout of depression. I had a 12 yr old daughter and an 8 yr old son dependent on me. There has been many ups and downs with depression since then. I have been on anti-depressants for 25 yrs, despite several attempts to come off them. But that's ok, and I accept that this illness is here to stay, but that doesn't mean I don't have good and long periods of time in between. Anxiety is also an issue with me because of my lack of confidence. This being due to a lot of mistakes. But I manage to stay afloat from day to day thanks to my family and the friendship, empathy and sense of humour from the rest of the team here. And not forgetting the members of DWD generally. I'm now a grandmother of 4 biological grandchildren plus 3 from my daughter-in-laws previous marriage. I have a lovely husband who is an old hippy. He doesn't pretend to understand depression but is always there for a cuddle all the same. It is what it is. I like to help my fellow sufferers if I can but like everything else in life, you win some and you lose some. Thanks.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-03-18),Jaquaia (24-03-18),Jarre (25-03-18),magie06 (24-03-18),OldMike (25-03-18),Paula (24-03-18),selena (26-03-18),Stella180 (24-03-18),Suzi (24-03-18)

Hi I'm Mike a young 71

I worked in heavy engineering, large motors, alternators, steam turbine generators, large high voltage switch gear (the size of a small house), in later life I worked as a TV repair engineer.

I live alone which suits me in that I can do what I want, but that can be a double edged sword in the there are times when it would be good to talk to a partner.

I go to a local over 60's lunch club, have meals out with my sister and go to a local bridge club

I developed severe depression over 20 years ago and went through hell, but with medication I'm keeping reasonably well stable

My hobbies are gardening, eating out, playing bridge, listening to music (classical/rock/country) and playing video games.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Angie (25-03-18),Flo (25-03-18),Jaquaia (25-03-18),Jarre (25-03-18),magie06 (25-03-18),Paula (25-03-18),selena (26-03-18),Suzi (25-03-18)