Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Team!

Hi , I'm Paula, I'm 40 and have been married to an amazing, supportive man for 12 years. We have 2 daughters (eldest is 16 and youngest is nearly 13), 2 greyhounds and the meanest cat on this planet! Seriously, she bit me the other day just cos I was still in bed!

I have suffered from depression, anxiety and panic attacks since I was 16 but wasn't actually diagnosed until I was 28. One doctor told me he didn't want to put me on ADs cos he didn't want me labelled .... Unlike many, I don't have triggers, my illness is purely a genetic flaw. I am also resistant to medication so need a combination of several psych meds and high doses to have any impact.

I also suffer from an under active thyroid, asthma and am on crutches due to an accident and subsequent permanent nerve damage - all of which impact on my mental health, and is part of the reason why I am never discharged from the Mental Health team. I am unable to work but have come to terms with that and am so grateful that I have immense support from my husband, family and friends.

Being involved with DwD over the last year and a bit has been incredible. The support and care that everybody here shows towards everyone else is just amazing and I really feel blessed to have been asked to join the Mod Team.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

amaeru (28-02-14),Angie (28-02-14),Aspasia (08-11-14),CeeCee (28-02-14),Flo (05-12-16),Hugo-agogo (04-01-16),Jarre (01-03-14),john d (20-07-14),OldMike (04-01-16),selena (14-08-15),Squishymama (01-03-14),Suzi (05-04-14)

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi there. I'm not sure if this is in the right place but here I go.
    My name is Magie and I'm married to the most wonderful man in the whole world. We've been together for about 17 years and I'm totally still in love with him today. We've got one princess, called Aisling who just turned 9, and one goldfish who is about 5 years old.
    I was diagnosed with severe psychotic depression about 5 years ago. I take two different antidepressants, which go by different names here. I'm also coming off Valium which I've been takIng constantly for the last 5 years . I also take Lamictal for my bipolar side, and telfast for my allergies, Lyrica as a pain killer, kemadrin to stop the shakes and ranitidite to prevent ulcers. Physically I'm an asthmatic, I've got a wonky back, and I'm allergic to lots of strange things including Latex. This combination of medication works for me so I'm happy enough atm.
    I found this site almost a year ago and I think it has saved me, more than once. The people here are so kind and helpful, they've been there when some of the other services have shut for the evening or even the weekend. The know what to say and they know when to be quite. I've learned so much about myself and my illness and I've been shown the tools to help turn a bad day into a better one.
    That's me in a nutshell. Take it easy.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Angie (14-08-15),Flo (05-12-16),Hugo-agogo (04-01-16),Jarre (14-08-15),OldMike (04-01-16),Paula (14-08-15),selena (14-08-15),Suzi (18-08-15)

I guess I ought to follow...trying to think of something interesting to say.

I am 40 yrs old, from the midlands and was diagnosed with PND in 2005. I started using ADs in 2006 after a failed course of CBT, and received psychiatric care when I fell pregnant with my second child in 2007. I was forced out of work due to increased Anxiety in 2010 and haven't worked since. During my darkest times I took an OD with the intention of ending it but failed miserably and had a friend reach out to me and prevent a second suicide attempt. Thankfully these days are behind me and although I regularly have suicidal thought still, having this place to come to for support stops me from acting on them. I recently started working with a support worker with the hope I can get my life back on track and return to work.

I live alone, as my children now reside with their paternal grandparents, but have a big bouncy German Shepherd pup called Max who loves to give me kisses and cuddles and is my motivation to get out of bed everyday. I love classic cars, and have a working history in the retail side of the motor trade, and my blood group in 4 star 95 octane. I play darts and have travelled the country representing Worcestershire at county level and taken part in several open competitions. Prior to having my kids I was relatively fit and held belts in 3 different martial arts as well as a being a qualified kickboxing referee, although looking at me now you'd never know it and just getting out of bed is about as strenuous as it gets these days.

I'm a real joker and get my kicks from making others laugh. I am the resident quiz master and font of useless knowledge. I have a wide and varied taste in music and am a life long Michael Jackson fan and a bit of a rock chick at heart. I like watching boxsets, and I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Quantum Leap, Criminal Minds and many more.

Still trying to think of something interesting to write.......

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Angie (14-08-15),Flo (05-12-16),Hugo-agogo (04-01-16),OldMike (04-01-16),Paula (14-08-15),selena (14-08-15),Suzi (18-08-15)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I never know what to write for anything like this so bear with me!

I'm Jaq, I'm in my early 30's and have recently moved back in with my parents after a relationship breakdown. I'm my mums full time carer but currently don't work due to my poor mental health. I've dealt with my fair share of trauma in my life and I was formally diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 22, though I think it started earlier. I'm one of those awkward ones who has tried countless antidepressants at varying doses alongside countless cycles of counselling and nothing is working. My gp is currently trying to get the psych team involved.

I'm love all things creative and if I'm not creating things I have my nose in a book. I have to confess to being a Man Utd supporter and love rugby league too, I'm Hull FC through and through. To think, my mum wanted a girly girl
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-06-16),Flo (05-12-16),magie06 (25-06-16),OldMike (24-06-16),Paula (24-06-16),rob8283 (01-05-17),Stella180 (27-06-16),Suzi (25-06-16)

Hi, I'm Flo and in my mid 60's.........but secretly I'm only 18. I joined the forum in March 2016, and was made very welcome by all those belonging to it. Best thing I've ever done.! I've suffered from depression for 25 years, after a breakdown due to living with my estranged husband. I have two children and 5 grandchildren. I'm also a recovering alcoholic with 31 years sobriety. No longer a 'wild child' I'm married to an old hippy who's as soft as butter, and i love him to bits. I too like to be creative. I paint in watercolours, knit, cross stitch, and make a general nuisance of myself. I also like Rugby Union...watching it, not playing it!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-03-17),Jaquaia (24-03-17),Jarre (24-03-17),OldMike (24-03-17),Paula (24-03-17),Stella180 (24-03-17),Suzi (24-03-17)

Please note the new staff changes
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I always get forgotten about
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    ??...

I got left off the mods list
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I'm sure it was an oversight hunni but its sorted now looking at the thread xx