Hi all.
I have visited this site and others a few times just reading what others have to go through. This is my first ever post and I feel incredibly guilty in doing so.
It is my partner who suffers with depression, ptsd and anxiety. He has always suffered with depression and anxiety but the ptsd cane after an extended life changing stay in hospital which left him disabled. I had to give up work but now manage to work a very menial part time job. We have 2 teenage children. He is on meds and regularly see a psych but nothing is improving and it has been going on for nearly 10 years. I know what he has is an illness/disease and just because you can’t see it physically doesn’t mean that it’s not there. I suppose I just want to vent, (cry to myself) really. The mood swings are getting worse, he snaps at the children more even though they are just being teenagers and by no means being rude. I feel so sorry for them having to deal with this when they should just be enjoying life. Nothing I do makes any difference with him, he is always wallowing and I can’t do this any more. Like I said I feel incredibly guilty and also selfish for posting this but I have had enough. Every day is the same, it’s all about him and his problems and how he is feeling. He just can’t see how much me and the children are struggling too.
I just don’t know what to do any more. I feel broken.
Sorry for the essay.