Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

If he’s feeling anything like I did, it’s not about not bothering to reassure you, it may not be intentional. When I’m ill I can’t cope with emotionally charged conversations, at all. So the easiest way round that is avoidance - keep quiet and hope the conversation is over quickly itms
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Marc and I have been together for almost 19 years. We've had good times and bad times, but it's about getting the help and working through things together.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Yeah you're probably both right.. It's just so lonely even sitting watching a film together.. He's got his back to me in a corner whereas normally we would be cuddled up together.. I feel bad for even wanting one and I certainly don't feel it's okay to get one.

Hereforyou
    He said today that he feels lovely despite everyone being around him. He's being very negative and thinking he won't get better, calling himself broken and asking why I love a broken man. I've told him to start forcing himself to be positive and pinch himself when he is being negative.

I am not sure what else to suggest..? Or try.

I ask how I can help and he says he doesn't know, just that he feels nothing at all.

When's his next Drs appointment? Can you go with him? I really think he needs to see them...

Hereforyou
    It's the 6th April... He doesn't want me to go with him.. I've offered plenty of times and he's always said that he doesn't feel comfortable.....

He has a telephone assessment for therapy today... I hope that goes well..

Hereforyou
    That previous post was meant to say lonely not lovely

How did the call go, do you know?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It's fine to ask him how it went...

Hereforyou
    He missed the call.. So will have to reschedule it on Tuesday after the bank holiday...