Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Have you told him this?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Not in so many words... He just doesn't seem like he cares about how I feel... When I asked if he misses cuddles and kisses and stuff he said kind of but doesn't really want them.....

Maybe you could tell him that you do miss them? Your feelings are just as valid.

Do you think you can work through this? Remind me, is he on meds/having therapy?

Hereforyou
    I've told him and he says he knows.

I don't know.... I just don't feel like he wants to be with me anymore.. He's been taking 20mg of Citalopram for 2 weeks.. He's still having the side effects of bad sleeping and a really bad tummy, everything he eats just goes straight through him.

He hasn't started therapy yet and we are due to find out when he will start it.

I told him that maybe he should go back to the doctors rega ring the side effects but he just said "why so they can give me more drugs that don't even work" so he's not feeling as though they're working.

They won’t be working yet, please just keep reminding him of that. I know it seems forever but it does get better ...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    I try to..... I always try to constantly convince myself that too.........

I just want to cry... This is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with... It's hurts so much and I can't stop this king it's all my fault he's like this.......

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    There's not always a reason for depression so try not to blame yourself. Do you have any support from people who will just quietly be there for you rather then advising you to move out/kick him out?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

If the side effects don't ease this week then please try to get him to go back to the Drs. Not each medication works for each person - every member of the mod/admin team alone all have found different meds at different doses to work best...

Hereforyou
    It's really hard not to blame myself.. We went out today for some dinner and a movie to try and take him out of the house.. Earlier in the day he had been doing his hobby.. We talked alot about it and he seemed to genuinely light up talking about it.. Even laughed and smiled a little bit

As soon as it came to the end of the night though he seemed to go back to being miserable, especially when I told him I had a good time. All I got from him was "yeah" like he didn't enjoy himself with me but says he enjoyed himself at paintball.

My parents are being supportive, my dad went through something similar with my mum. I think they're just concerned that he seems fine with everything else but just miserable with me and they're watching my heart break daily when I talk to them.

Have you heard about the Spoon Theory? https://butyoudontlooksick.com/artic...-spoon-theory/

It’s possible that, by the time he got to the end of the evening, he was absolutely drained and that will take a toll on his mood. Maybe he would have coped better with dinner or a movie. He will want to push himself, I suspect, to prove he’s ok, but that may not be the best thing for him.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.