Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

I agree. Relationship counselling has to be worth a go surely? It would help you to work out the areas you need to work on either together or on your own and it can provide a safe space to talk about anything and everything that's in your head about your relationship.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I guess.. I will think about it.. Just want the man I fell in love with back.. Or even just to feel like he still loves me and wants us to be together.. I hate it when he's snappy and angry with me.. He says it's because of the depression but sometimes it's hard to always be the person that gets the stick of it..

I am trying very hard to be helpful and understanding.. Doing things like his tax assessment because he keeps forgetting and it's stressing him out.. But then he gets angry because I forgot to wash one thing for him but washed everything else.. His go to is anger and it's always at the slightest thing and doesn't seem to matter how much I do right the slightest thing is wrong and causes him to get angry.. It seems so easy for him to say something that gets on his nerves or to get ed off abp ut something but he can't say anything nice full stop..

Every now and again I offer him a cuddle and he takes it but then it's like he can't wait to stop cuddling me.. I don't want to lose him but every day I seem to just keep ing him off and he just seems so angry and fed up it's hard to not take it personally..

If he's that angry and hurtful to you then is the relationship worth fighting for?

Hereforyou
    He wasn't like it before that's the thing.. He says he's just angry and sad all the time with everything and everyone...

As harsh as it sounds, I have to say that I'm leaning very much towards Suzi's comment. Would you be prepared to have a trial separation just so both of you can have a good honest think about your relationship? I think it will either make it or break it. You clearly can't go on like this. I don't think it's good for either of you.

Hereforyou
    I really didn't want that.. I didn't want to lose him at all and he says he doesn't want to lose me either.. But it sounds like everyone thinks it's not worth saving...

I am also slightly worried about if he would hurt himself..

One thing is that no matter how much you love someone, if they are going to hurt themselves nothing you can do or say will stop that. He is an adult, and no matter how much you love him, if he doesn't love you, then really there is nothing to save.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Flo (03-06-18),Suzi (03-06-18)

Hereforyou
    He says he loves me though and says he doesn't want to end things..

And neither do I..

He just says he's angry and miserable all the time and has been for mkonths because of his depression...

Quote Originally Posted by Hereforyou View Post
    He wasn't like it before that's the thing.. He says he's just angry and sad all the time with everything and everyone...
    Being depressed isn't an excuse to be horrible to those around you...
    I really didn't want that.. I didn't want to lose him at all and he says he doesn't want to lose me either.. But it sounds like everyone thinks it's not worth saving...
    We can only go on what you say....When was the last time you spent some positive time together?

I am also slightly worried about if he would hurt himself..
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    One thing is that no matter how much you love someone, if they are going to hurt themselves nothing you can do or say will stop that. He is an adult, and no matter how much you love him, if he doesn't love you, then really there is nothing to save.
    Exactly this...
    He says he loves me though and says he doesn't want to end things..

And neither do I..

He just says he's angry and miserable all the time and has been for mkonths because of his depression...
    I'm not sure I buy that tbh...
    #i just don't remember you ever being happy....

Hereforyou
    He's not being horrible just snappy and irritated all the time..

Well he's got anxiety with his depression so he's not enjoying being out very much.. So that means we haven't physically done anything nice together outside but I've tried to make things nice aroubd the house.. It's also our anniversary in a week so I am hoping that we can do something nice for it..

Don't buy what..? That he doesn't want to end things..??