Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hereforyou
    How can I have relationship counselling on my own.?

Our relationship was going well before this.. Now I feel like there is no desire to have a relationship..

You’re in a relationship and you need help, that’s what they do. I had some when my first husband left me and it made a very horrible time easier to deal with
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    I thought they were just for couples though..?

Nope ..
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    Would there be much point if he doesn't come too though...??

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Yes there would be a point as it will help you
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Definitely. It helped me deal with the pain over our marriage, our breakup, with having to maintain a relationship with him for our daughters sake. I was at breaking point when I started counselling and it got me through the worse time of my life

Hereforyou
    But we haven't broken up..?

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Relationship counselling is not there for just breakups or after you have broken up, its there to help with the relationship, even if just one of you goes to the counselling, and that clearly was not what Paula was saying, she was saying that she went on her own, she was trying to help you see you don't have to go to relationship counselling as a couple, the only difference being that it was after she had broken up in her marriage and it helped her to deal with things moving forward.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Relationship counselling can be to help with any relationship, at any stage in that relationship - families, friends even co workers. I really think it could help you figure out what you want in this relationship, and what you should be doing

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (02-06-18),Flo (02-06-18),magie06 (02-06-18)